Apple Pie Overnight Oats
Apple pie in a jar. Does breakfast get any better than that? I think not. I am a huge fan of fall foods- apples, pumpkin, sweet potatoes, squash- the list goes on. I am not even ashamed of being a #basicbiotch when it comes to my love for fall. It is such a great time of year. The food is delicious, the holiday season is coming, and my running gets faster due to the decreased temps. What more could you want?? Well, a lot of things, but we won’t get into that right now ;).
Can Apple Pie Oats be healthy & taste good??
Of course they can! I am a firm believer in making healthy food taste good. It may take your taste buds a little bit of time to adjust to the natural taste of foods, but delicious seasonings and spices really make all the difference! This recipe mimics the taste of apple pie by using cinnamon, nutmeg, and sweet apples. I love that this recipe tastes delicious every time- even when you use different varieties of apples! I also love that this recipe is dirt cheap- especially when apples are in season!
It’s Apple Pick’n season Friends!
Use your fresh picked apples (or store bought) to create this delicious breakfast recipe. This meal has lots of fiber, protein, and nutrients to power your morning. I am not sure how I would survive dental school without a filling breakfast. This meal will make you feel great and help you stay full until lunch! You can always make the portion even larger if you get extra hungry (or are a 6 ft male or somethin;)).
Here’s what you will need for one serving
Apple Pie Overnight Oats
Apple Pie in a Jar. Filling. Sweet. Nutritious & Delicious.
- 2/3 cup quick oats
- 1/2 tbsp chia seed
- 1/2 tbsp ground flax
- 1/2 scoop vanilla protein powder (I used Vega Protein & Greens)
- 3/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large apple – honeycrisp, pink lady, fuji, and gala are my favs <3
- optional: stevia, coconut sugar, or other sweetener to taste (if you like it sweet!)
- Get out your best mason jar. Add the dry ingredients first- the oats, ground flax, chia seed, protein powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and optional dry sweetener. Then add in the almond milk and give everything a good mix. If you want to add a little more/less liquid feel free to play around with the measurements. Most/ all of the liquid should be absorbed by the morning creating a thick, yummy oatmeal! Next, add chopped apple to the top of the mixture. Some of the apples may sink a bit, but most should stay on top. You could mix all of the apples in if you would like, but I like to leave it unmixed. Leave it overnight in the fridge and eat it the next morning! Don’t forget to grab a spoon on your way out the door!
I love the texture that chia seeds gives overnight oats! They really help to make it nice and thick! Plus chia seeds are a power house when it comes to nutrients- fiber, protein, healthy carbs- chia seeds have it all!
I hope you enjoy these delicious oats! Be sure to let me know if you make them by tagging me on instagram, facebook, or twitter!
What is your favorite overnight oats combo?
Have you been apple picking yet this year?
Do you like apple pie ??
Let me know in the comments!!